Are you looking for low-Neurosurgery ? Find everything about Neurosurgery costs in India range from 2000-10000 USD.
Are you looking for low-Neurosurgery ? Find everything about Neurosurgery costs in India range from 2000-10000 USD.
Neurosurgery is a medical specialty focused on the diagnosis, treatment, and management of disorders and conditions affecting the brain, spine, peripheral nerves, and related structures. Neurosurgeons are highly trained surgeons who perform surgical interventions to address various neurological conditions. Here is some information about neurosurgery:
Conditions Treated: Neurosurgery covers a wide range of conditions, including brain tumors, spinal disorders (such as herniated discs or spinal cord compression), epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, stroke, cerebral aneurysms, traumatic brain injuries, and congenital abnormalities of the nervous system.
Lowest Cost (approx) : ₹50,000 (US$700)
Average Cost (approx) : ₹15 lakh (US$21,000)
Highest Cost (approx) : ₹50 lakh (US$70,000)
Surgery Type : Brain tumor surgery, Aneurysm clipping, Spinal fusion,Craniotomy,Deep brain stimulation (DBS)
Surgery time : 2-8 hours
Hospitalization days : 2-7 days
Risk : Moderate
Chances of Recurrence : Moderate
Recovery time : 20-40 days
Success rate: 80% to 95%
Some of the conditions commonly treated in neurosurgery include:
1. Brain Tumours: Neurosurgeons diagnose and treat various types of brain tumours, both benign and malignant. Surgical intervention may involve tumor removal, biopsy, or debulking to alleviate symptoms, reduce tumor size, or improve overall prognosis.
2. Spinal Disorders: Neurosurgery addresses conditions such as herniated discs, spinal stenosis, spinal cord compression, spinal deformities (scoliosis), spinal tumours, and spinal cord injuries. Surgical procedures aim to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or nerves, stabilize the spine, and improve spinal function.
3. Cerebrovascular Disorders: Neurosurgeons manage conditions affecting the blood vessels of the brain, such as cerebral aneurysms (ballooning of blood vessels), arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and stroke. Surgical interventions may include aneurysm clipping, endovascular coiling, AVM resection, or procedures to restore blood flow to the brain.
4. Epilepsy: Neurosurgery can be an option for individuals with drug-resistant epilepsy. Procedures such as resective surgery (removing the seizure focus) or corpus callosotomy (severing the connection between brain hemispheres) aim to reduce the frequency and severity of seizures.
5. Movement Disorders: Neurosurgical procedures, such as deep brain stimulation (DBS), can help manage movement disorders like Parkinson's disease, essential tremor, and dystonia. DBS involves implanting electrodes in specific brain regions and using a device to deliver electrical impulses to modulate abnormal brain activity.
6. Paediatric Neurosurgery: Paediatric neurosurgeons specialize in treating neurological conditions in children, including congenital malformations of the brain and spinal cord, hydrocephalus (excessive cerebrospinal fluid), brain and spinal tumors, craniosynostosis (premature fusion of skull sutures), and spina bifida.
7. Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries: Neurosurgeons play a crucial role in the management of traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries (SCIs). They perform emergency surgeries to reduce intracranial pressure, stabilize the spine, and optimize outcomes for patients with traumatic injuries.
8. Peripheral Nerve Disorders: Conditions like peripheral nerve tumors, carpal tunnel syndrome, peripheral nerve injuries, and brachial plexus injuries may require surgical intervention to relieve compression, repair or graft nerves, and restore function.
1. Brain Tumor Surgery: This surgery involves the removal of brain tumors, which may be benign or malignant. The goal is to extract as much tumor tissue as possible while preserving brain function.
2. Spinal Surgery: Spinal surgeries address various conditions, such as herniated discs, spinal deformities, and spinal cord compression, aiming to alleviate pain and restore mobility.
3. Cerebrovascular Surgery: This type of surgery deals with conditions affecting the blood vessels in the brain, such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and carotid artery stenosis.
4. Epilepsy Surgery: For patients with severe epilepsy that does not respond to medication, surgery may be recommended to remove the epileptic focus in the brain.
5. Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS): DBS involves implanting electrodes into specific regions of the brain to regulate abnormal neural activity and is used to treat conditions like Parkinson's disease and essential tremors.
6. Peripheral Nerve Surgery: Surgeons may repair or decompress peripheral nerves to treat conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and nerve injuries.
1. Life-Saving Potential: Neurosurgery can be life-saving for patients with brain tumors, traumatic brain injuries, or cerebrovascular conditions, offering them a chance at recovery.
2. Improved Quality of Life: Surgeries like deep brain stimulation can significantly improve the quality of life for patients with movement disorders, reducing tremors and other debilitating symptoms.
3. Precise and Targeted Treatment: Neurosurgeons utilize advanced imaging and surgical techniques to precisely target affected areas, minimizing damage to healthy tissues.
4. Treating Intractable Conditions: Neurosurgery can be beneficial for patients with conditions that do not respond well to conservative treatments, providing a viable alternative for relief.
1. Infection: As with any surgical procedure, there is a risk of infection at the surgical site or in the central nervous system.
2. Bleeding: Some neurosurgeries carry the risk of bleeding, particularly in procedures involving blood vessels or deep brain structures.
3. Neurological Deficits: Depending on the location and complexity of the surgery, patients may experience temporary or permanent neurological deficits, such as weakness, sensory changes, or speech difficulties.
4. Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak: Surgery on the brain or spine may lead to a cerebrospinal fluid leak, which requires additional treatment.
Average Cost of Neurosurgery in India
The cost of neurosurgery in India varies depending on the type of surgery, the complexity of the condition, the hospital's location, and the surgeon's experience. On average, neurosurgical procedures can range from a few thousand to several lakhs of rupees. Government hospitals and charitable organizations may provide subsidized or free neurosurgical treatment for patients with limited financial means. Neurosurgery plays a crucial role in treating various neurological conditions, offering life-saving and life-improving benefits to patients.
for neurosurgery can vary depending on the specific diagnostic tests and consultations required for each individual case. Pre-treatment expenses typically include the following:
1. Consultation and Evaluation: This involves an initial visit to a neurosurgeon for a thorough examination and evaluation of the condition. The cost can range from INR 500 to 2,000 or more, depending on the healthcare provider and location.
2. Neuroimaging: Diagnostic imaging plays a crucial role in assessing the condition and planning the neurosurgical treatment. Common imaging modalities include MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and CT (Computed Tomography) scans. The cost for these scans can range from INR 3,000 to 10,000 or more, depending on the type of scan, the facility, and the region.
3. Laboratory Tests: Neurosurgical evaluations may require certain blood tests or other laboratory investigations. The cost of laboratory tests can vary depending on the specific tests ordered and the healthcare provider. Generally, laboratory test expenses can range from a few hundred to a few thousand rupees.
4. Additional Diagnostic Procedures: In some cases, additional diagnostic procedures such as angiography, electroencephalogram (EEG), or nerve conduction studies may be required. The cost for these procedures can range from a few thousand to several tens of thousands of rupees, depending on the complexity and facility.
5. Specialist Consultations: Depending on the specific condition, additional consultations with specialists such as neurologists, neuroradiologists, or other relevant healthcare professionals may be necessary. The cost for specialist consultations can vary based on the provider, region, and the complexity of the case.
1. Hospital Stay: The duration of hospital stay following neurosurgery can vary depending on the procedure performed and the patient's recovery progress. The cost of hospital accommodation, nursing care, and related services can range from INR 3,000 to 10,000 or more per day, depending on the hospital and the level of care required.
2. Medications: After neurosurgery, patients may require medications for pain management, infection prevention, and other specific needs. The cost of medications can vary depending on the type of medication prescribed, dosage, and duration of treatment. It is advisable to consult with the healthcare provider or hospital for an estimate of medication costs specific to the individual's condition.
3. Follow-up Consultations: Regular follow-up consultations with the neurosurgeon or other healthcare professionals may be necessary to monitor the recovery progress and address any post-surgical concerns. The cost of follow-up consultations can range from INR 500 to 2,000 or more per visit, depending on the healthcare provider and location.
4. Rehabilitation Services: Depending on the type of neurosurgery and the patient's condition, rehabilitation services such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, or speech therapy may be required. The cost of rehabilitation services can vary depending on the duration of therapy sessions, the frequency of visits, and the healthcare facility. It is advisable to consult with the healthcare provider or hospital for an estimate of rehabilitation service costs specific to the individual's needs.
5. Diagnostic Tests: Post-treatment follow-up may involve additional diagnostic tests, such as imaging studies or laboratory tests, to assess the progress of recovery. The cost of these tests can vary depending on the specific tests required and the healthcare provider.
6. Miscellaneous Expenses: Other miscellaneous expenses may include medical supplies, specialized equipment, and any additional services or treatments specific to the individual's post-treatment needs. The cost of these expenses can vary and should be discussed with the healthcare provider or hospital.
Here are some examples of neurosurgery costs based on types:
India is a popular choice for neurosurgery due to several factors that make it an attractive destination for medical treatment. Here are some key reasons why individuals may choose India for neurosurgery surgery:
1. Highly Skilled Medical Professionals: India is home to a large number of highly skilled and experienced neurosurgeons who specialize in the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Many doctors in India have received their medical education and training from renowned institutions in India and abroad. They possess the expertise to diagnose neurosurgery accurately, recommend appropriate surgical interventions, and provide comprehensive care throughout the treatment process.
2. Cost-Effective Treatment: One of the most significant advantages of choosing India for neurosurgery is the cost-effectiveness of medical treatments. Medical expenses in India, including surgical procedures, hospital stays, and post-operative care, are comparatively lower than in many other countries. This affordability can be particularly beneficial for individuals without comprehensive health insurance coverage or those seeking cost savings without compromising on quality.
3. Medical Tourism Support: India has developed a robust medical tourism industry that caters to international patients seeking healthcare services. Many hospitals in India have dedicated international patient departments that provide assistance with travel arrangements, visa processing, accommodation, and local transportation. These services ensure a smooth and comfortable experience for patients traveling from abroad for neurosurgery surgery.
In conclusion, India provides a compelling choice for neurosurgery due to its highly skilled medical professionals, advanced medical facilities, cost-effectiveness, shorter waiting times, English proficiency, medical tourism support, and a holistic approach to care. These factors collectively contribute to India's reputation as a preferred destination for individuals seeking effective and affordable treatment for neurosurgery.
|NEUROLOGY||Approx days in Hospital||Procedure Cost in USD|
|Spinal Fusion- 1 level||7 days||6000-8000|
|Spinal Fusion - 2 Level||7 days||9000-12,000|
|Disc Repalcement - 1 Level||3 days||8000-10,000|
|Disc Replacement- 2 Level||3 days||10000-12,000|
|Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery||7 days||10000-15000|
|Disc Nucleoplasty||4 days||5000-8000|
|Deep Brain Stimulation||1 Week||15000-20000|
|Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion||4-7 days||6000-10000|
|Spinal fusion surgery||4-7 days||6000-10000|
|Cervical spine surgery||4-7 days||6000-10000|
|Lumbar Spine Surgery||4-7 days||6000-10000|
|Spinal Decompression||4-7 days||10,000 to 25,000|
|Percutaneous Endoscopic lumbar Discectomy||5 days||5000-8000|
|Posterior Lumbar Interbody Spinal Fusion||5 days||7000 to 10000|
|Brain Tumor Treatment||2- 5 days||6000-10000|
HMSDESK facilitates services to get all types of neurosurgery in the best hospitals in India at affordable costs. Get neurosurgery information and consultation.
Most Neurosurgery hospitals in India are well-equipped and have a highly experienced team of neurosurgeons. It is quite difficult to choose the best hospital that offers world-class services and facilities with an affordable package for neurosurgery. HMSDESK will provide you with different hospital packages from which you can compare and select the best one as per your budget. For neurosurgery in India, HMSDESK will not advise patients but provide solutions so that you can cure faster, and our quality services that facilitate your medical tour.
|Country Name||Cost in USD - Price Range (Min-Max)|
|City Name||Procedure Cost in USD|