Indian hospitals offer the best treatment at the most economical rates. Experts compare this to various health institutes in western countries, including the USA and UK. The procedure helps to prevent genetic problems. It results in increasing female fertility. Women can enjoy their motherhood after successful completion.
During the process, surgeons retrieve eggs from ovaries. A specialist doctor fertilizes these with sperm in a lab. Then they transfer fertilized embryos again to another uterus. It gives out the child. The full circle completes in around three weeks. Doctors adopt either of the two under-mentioned methods:
- Collecting eggs and sperm from a couple.
- Gathering sperm or embryos from a donor. Such a donor should be an anonymous person.
Indian doctors do IVF Treatment in the following cases:
- Fallopian Tube Damage/blockage: These hinder embryo maturing
- Ovulation Disorder: It results in less embryo availability for fertilization.
- Endometriosis: It involves tissue growth at the uterus outer lining. These affect the ovaries, the uterus, and the fallopian tube functioning.
- Fibroids growth: Fibroids in the uterus are called uterine fibroids. Many women get this in their late 30s. These interfere and resist egg fermentation.
- Tubal sterilization or removal earlier: Tubal ligation is typical sterilization. Doctors cut the fallopian tubes to prevent such unwanted sterilization. The willing mothers go through IVF Treatment procedures to recover their ability to conceive.
- Genetic Disorder: The woman or her male partner may pass a genetic disorder to the coming child.
Doctors recommend pre-implantation testing to curb such possibilities. The procedure involves IVF Treatment. After harvesting the embryos and fertilization, doctors screen those for certain genetic disarrays. The clinical team then put the embryos without identified problems into the uterus.
Despite the evolution, some women experience unique infertility. Doctors seldom can an explanation for such development. These unwanted growths prevent conception processes.
Steps of IVF Process:
Step 1: Ovulation induction
Before and through the Vitro fertilization process, your fertility specialist will monitor your ovaries and therefore the timing of the egg release. The doctor will confirm that your ovaries are producing eggs, which your hormone levels are normal, among other procedures.
Most women take fertility medicines or hormones at this point to stimulate the ovaries to supply one or more eggs. Having several eggs available for IVF will increase the probability that you simply will get pregnant.
Step 2: Egg retrieval
During this step within the IVF process, pain medication is given to scale back any discomfort. Then a really thin needle is skilled in the upper vaginal wall. With the utilization of vaginal ultrasound, fluid is far away from the follicles under gentle suction.
Immediately after aspiration of the follicle, the oocyte is isolated from the follicular fluid. The egg is placed during a culture dish containing nutrient media then transferred to the incubator.
Step 3: Fertilization
The next step of the IVF process is that the fertilization of the egg. A sperm sample is secured, either from your partner or a donor and therefore the most active sperm is mixed with the egg during a special chamber. Sometimes the sperm is directly injected into the egg. Then, the sperm and egg are placed in an incubator and monitored to form sure that a healthy embryo develops.
Step 4: Embryo transfer and Implantation
The final step of the IVF process is that embryo transfer. First, the embryos are examined to pick the healthiest ones for transfer. To transfer the embryo(s), a speculum is placed into your vagina and therefore the embryo(s) are transferred via a little plastic tube placed through the cervix into the cavity. After the IVF process is complete, bed rest is usually advised for around 24 hours.
After the embryo transfer, you’ll resume normal daily activities. However, your ovaries should be enlarged. Consider avoiding vigorous activity, which could cause discomfort.
Typical side effects include:
Passing a little amount of clear or bloody fluid shortly after the procedure- thanks to the swabbing of the cervix before the embryo transfer
Breast tenderness thanks to high estrogen levels
If you develop moderate or severe pain after the embryo transfer, contact your doctor. He or she is going to evaluate you for complications like infection, twisting of an ovary (ovarian torsion), and severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
The IVF Treatment contains composite procedures. It starts with Ovulation Induction and ends with Embryo Transfer. Each of the processes has multiple sub-processes.
It makes up the ovary stimulation with synthetic eggs. It helps to produce several eggs at a time.
Doctors in India use several medications during this process.
These include medication for ovarian stimulation. Usually, these contain a follicle-stimulating hormone and a luteinizing hormone. Sometimes the care team uses a combination of both.
After two weeks of ovarian stimulation, they apply human chorionic gonadotropin. It matures the embryos.
In the following phase, doctors apply mediation to prevent premature ovulation. It helps prevent early embryo development too.
At the final stage, doctors recommend medications to prepare the uterus lining. H/she will ask the patient to take progesterone supplements on the day of embryo transfer.
A woman usually requires two weeks before her eggs become ready for retrieval. Doctors often test to know which of these can they recover.
H/she recommends the following tests for such confirmation:
- Blood Tests. It helps to measure the responses to ovarian stimulation medications.
- The Vaginal Ultrasound. It is an imaging test to monitor the development of the follicles. These are fluid-filled ovarian sacs. They develop when embryos mature.
- Your treatment team will put you under sedation. It helps you to avoid pain.
- Doctors usually adopt the Transvaginal USG aspiration for such recovery.
- Sometimes they also conduct an abdominal USG if the trans-vaginal process does not work.
- The medical team will place the mature embryo in a healthy liquid for incubation. Only the healthy eggs are intermingled with sperm to create fertilized eggs.
If the doctor uses your partner’s sperm, the partner will submit sample semen beforehand. The same clause applies to donor semen too. The Pathology doctor separates sperm from the semen in the lab.
The doctor conducts the process after a week after the egg retrieval process. In India, doctors do not wait for long before having such a transfer.
- The procedure is painless.
- However, the patient will be under sedation to avoid risks.
- The surgeon inserts a catheter into the vagina into your uterus. The tube passes through the cervix.
- H/she puts fluid-containing embryo to the catheter end.
- Finally, h/she injects these with the help of the syringe.
The various sub-processes involved in an IVF Treatment have their advantages. For instance,
- Ovulation induction is vital in Vitro Fertilization.
- The treatment helps the doctor to pin down the ovulation. It also works in perfecting eggs retrieval.
- Fertility drugs administration facilitates multiple eggs maturation at one time. It enhances a successful conception probability.
- Doctors freeze additional embryos after eggs collection and their fertilization. It helps them escape the ovulation process during another IVF performance.
IVF Treatment increases multiple birth possibilities. It happens when more than one embryo moves to the uterus.
A pregnancy with multiple fetuses carries higher early labor risks. There are chances of low birth weight than pregnancy with a single fetus.
The process involves several other complications. These include:
- Premature delivery.
- Low birth weight.
- Other congenital disorders.
- The egg-retrieval procedure complications.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: In such cases, fertilized egg implants outside the uterus. It occurs in a fallopian tube.
Precautions during recovery
Before releasing the patient from the hospital, the treatment team advises the following precautions during the recovery period.
- Avoid performing activities involving jarring.
- They will not allow you to do exercise.
- Other debarred activities include cycling, skiing, tennis, etc.
- Do not indulge in smoking. Also, stay away from smokers.
- Do not consume alcoholic drinks.
- Stay away from X-ray exposures.
- Consume the prescribed medications as they direct you.
About 12 days to 2 weeks after egg retrieval, your doctor will test a sample of your blood to detect whether you’re pregnant. If a person is pregnant, a doctor will refer to an obstetrician or other pregnancy specialist for prenatal care.
If a person isn’t pregnant, needs to stop taking progesterone and certainly get a period within every week. If a person isn’t getting a period or has unusual bleeding, should contact the doctor. If one is curious about attempting another cycle of in In vitro fertilization (IVF), then the doctor might suggest steps that will improve your chances of getting pregnant through IVF.