Medical Tourism to India for Sri Lanka Patienta
HMSDESK is one of the most trusted medical tourism in India and a healthcare facilitator in India. It has been effectively providing healthcare services to patients and helping patients across the globe at reasonable prices.
HMSDESK is a leading medical tourism service provider of India, catering to international patient care and assuring the absolute best assistance to individuals in quest of all kinds of medical treatments and surgeries available in India.
The hospitals and clinics related to us are amongst the foremost progressive ones and have the foremost advanced facilities that are at par with international standards. Not only this, the treatment packages and programs are designed and customized as per the wants of the patients and match global benchmarks. HMSDESK provides you easy and smooth access to the most important network of healthcare providers - hospitals, nursing homes, surgeons, physicians, and clinics of India.
A network that's spread across quite 20 cities of India and there are quite 2000 healthcare professionals within the panel. We are an ISO-certified company for all our administrative protocols ensuring safe and best practices for our patients.
Are you look out for good quality medical facilities?
We are always ready to help all Sri Lankan friends who are seeking treatment in India for healthcare issues.
You will get medical tourism details and has all the information focused on the aspects related. One can find various healthcare treatments and procedures, compare the cost for treatment in hospitals in India, Language Assistance, Special packages, second opinion, process flow, medical visa, Indian Embassy in Sri Lanka, and much more. If you have any dough or queries you can mail us.
Why it's better to Choose HMSDESK?
Sri Lankan Citizens are very sensitive towards their health requirements. Since the medical infrastructure isn't so matured in Sri Lanka, patients like better to travel abroad for medical management. Earlier only the rich Sri Lankans could visit other countries to urge treatment, but nowadays it's easy to urge treatment and surgeries in India for folk also.
India is emerging together of the simplest and leading medical tourism hubs within the world. HMSDESK because the name suggests has always been at the forefront in fulfilling these needs and has become the foremost preferred healthcare-related service provider company for Sri Lankan Patients.
With the best support from the Indian government for medical tourism, a large number of Sri Lankans are traveling to India for various medical and surgical procedures. The major reason for the attention of these patients is the availability of reasonably priced treatments.
The patients from Sri Lanka can save a lot of money compared to what they have to shell out in their own country. The majority of the treatments in India cost about as low as one-tenth of what they cost in Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka Healthcare services
The Sri Lankan Government provides free universal care for all its citizens. The island administration takes initiatives to improve primary healthcare. It did form the basis of a universal healthcare pattern.
However, with the span of non-communicable diseases, the system falls under serious challenges. It increases elderly care needs. It also produced high pocket expenses behind chronic disease treatment.
Therefore, the administration felt the need to make a change to improve the situation. The clinical researchers strive to establish a rational care model within the limited resources.
You can enlist their features in Sri Lanka healthcare thus:
- The ‘Pro-Poor’ healthcare system covers all citizens. The state funds the system. Thus, every citizen can access this free of cost.
- Sri Lanka government funds 90% of the inpatient cost and 50% of the same to outdoor patients.
- The country administration boasts of its maternal mortality rate. It is the lowest in the world. The government had introduced a skilled professional team to attend births in various hospitals. Expert handling could drop the rate by 20 in every 100,000 live births.
- The country administration put forward a surveillance system. The team members took charge to monitor intractable diseases. Besides observing the healthcare performance, it is their responsibility to train the healthcare providers. They also teach the general people about the ‘Pro-poor’ system.
- The main issue with the system is the lack of trained healthcare professionals.
- The availability of doctors per 1000 patients is only one.
- Other trained healthcare specialists are also in extreme shortage in the country. These include oncologists, dentists, and cardiologists.
- Sri Lanka administration strives to secure medication in plenty. Yet, the gap between demand and supply is enormous. It stresses more on essential medicines supply. Therefore, non-contagious chronic disease patients often become prey to short supply.
- Lack of doctor’s availability and medicines also at times cause a rise in chronic sickness. These include diabetes, various carcinoma diseases, and cardiovascular syndromes.
- The island people often suffer from dengue outbreaks. Its tropical climate is mainly responsible for this. The disease stays at its top from October till December. It also spreads during the monsoon, i.e., from May to July. Many people die of this contagious ailment every year.
- Sri Lanka administration needs to handle a double burden. It implies two other prime diseases, i.e., obesity and undernutrition.
The ‘Pro-poor’ primary healthcare system in Sri Lanka comprises two parallel services. These include:
Based on the health unit system, it proposes ailment prevention and health promotion strategies. A doctor supervises the entire activities. Other applicable medical and public health field staffs.
- The community health services. It mainly focuses on maternal and child health. It also works in preventing other diseases.
- They mention the other one as Curative Service.
- The service team looks after 496 divisional hospitals and 474 Primary Medical Care units. It provides ambulatory care only.
Cover yourself with appropriate vaccines for the prevalent diseases in the island country.
The diseases include dengue, malaria, diarrhea, and coronavirus. The latest is an emergency inclusion considering the recent pandemic.
The admin authority also expects that you take an appropriate health insurance plan before boarding a flight to the country.
Check that those policies amply cover you for emergency evacuations. They may need this as the island runs short of efficient health specialists.
Ensure that your providers have appropriate knowledge about the care offered in private hospitals in Sri Lanka.
Do people come to India for medical treatment?
The Indian government has opened its limited-cost medical treatment facilities for Sri Lanka people beneficiaries.
The country has a significant shortage in respect of doctors and other trained medical professionals. It makes the top order hospitals in the island country transfer critical and chronic disease patients to another country.
India is the top preference of the people of Sri Lanka concerning expatriation treatment. The principal causes behind this are:
- After 1990, the Indian medical care structure has gone through various development stages. Currently, it is one of the topmost in the world.
- The doctors here are mostly internationally trained. Some medical specialists have achieved their qualifications from leading Indian institutes.
- The hospitals never compromise over quality. Besides having the best doctors for treatment, they arrange for state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Our governance also ensures the recommended medicines are available in leading drug stores.
- India seldom suffers from medicine-related crises. The medicine-producing units in different states produce relevant medicines throughout the year.
- Indian hospitals provide a full range of post-surgery professional holistic services to their international patients. These include nutrition and dietary advice, different complementary therapies, and specialist counseling.
- Indian hospitals hold experienced staff units.
Its members are experts in dealing with after-treatment care. India is a land of Yoga and related supplemental treatment. These often work well after critical surgeries.
- Patients often mention their benefits from such treatment efforts.
- Treatment cost is also crucial among the factors. The Indian critical and other medical care units offer the best bill for their treatment. On a comparative scale, they charge much less than western hospitals in instant care provision.
Indian Medical Visa For Sri Lanka Citizens
You will get a medical visa easily in India. You can fulfill all the information online properly it will be great. If you are facing any issues or there are some dough you can connect with us. We will assist you to get a visa.
Eligibility for Medical Visa from Sri Lanka to India
When the purpose to travel is medical treatment then only a medical visa is granted.
HMSDESK suggests the patient should seek treatment at a recognized well reputed and specialized hospital in India.
Maximum two medical attendants are allowed with the patient to accompany him/her. They can be/her family members, friends, or close associates.
Primary considerations in granting a medical visa are as follows. Serious diseases such as organ transplantation, neurosurgery, spine surgery, joint replacements ophthalmic disorders, renal disorders, cardiac problems, cancer treatment, congenital disorders, plastic surgery, gene therapy, Etc.
The list of treatments is non-exhaustive.
Documents Required for Indian Medical Visa Application from Sri Lanka
- 1) Print of completed and signed online visa application form.
- 2) Passport valid for 6 months.
- 3) Two-color Passport size photographs.
- 4) An official letter signed by the local doctor or hospital stating the attendant’s need to have his/her treatment in India.
- 5) Copies of treatment records in Sri Lanka.
- 6) Yellow Fever Certificate (both original and copy).
- 7) An official letter from the concerned Indian hospital/doctor providing details of the required treatment and mentioning the patient’s name and the medical attendant’s name.
- 8) Copy of travel itinerary.
- 9) Proof of relationship between the applicant and his/her medical attendant should be submitted.
Procedure After Arriving in India
The Government of India has formed a regulatory body named Foreign Regional Registration Office (FRRO)/ Foreign Registration Office (FRO) for registering foreign nationals visiting India. If your age is 16 years or more, you want to register yourself here within 14 days of arrival in India. a licensed representative also can register on your behalf.
If you would like to scale back the effort, you'll register yourself online by visiting the official government website- https://indianfrro.gov.in/frro/. there's a provision to form digital payment also. If you're applying online, be prepared to upload the required documents and your recent photograph. If you are doing not register within 14 days, you'll need to pay a US$30 late fee which is subject to revision.
Keep These Documents Handy While Applying Online
- Original and photocopy of the passport
- Original and photocopy of the visa
- Four recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Residence Proof
- Official letter from the Indian hospital where the patient is to undergo medical treatment. you'll even have to submit relevant medical documents and supply details of the anticipated duration of stay. just in case the patient is admitted to the hospital immediately after arriving in India, one can submit a medical certificate with the applicant’s attested photo and a certificate from the doctor.
Can I Extend My Medical Visa?
This is possible only the doctor finds that the patient must stay in India for a few days/weeks or months longer for complete recovery. For medical visa extension, a letter from a recognized hospital or reputed doctor is required alongside other medical documents.
With the best support from the Indian government for medical tourism, a large number of Sri Lanka patients are traveling to India for various medical and surgical procedures. The major reason for the attention of these patients is the availability of reasonably priced treatments.
The patients from Sri Lanka can save a lot of money compared to what they have to shell out in their own country. The majority of the treatments in India cost about as low as one-tenth of what they cost in Sri Lanka.
A Health Tour would typically include a full body comprehensive health check-up and tours to a number of the favored destinations.
Full body checkups would be followed by an in-depth evaluation of the reports and counseling of the patient who supported the reports.
After this, full-day spas are organized, followed by a tour around the city for about 2-3 days, to all or any of the main attractions.
Health Tours are beneficial for the patients. These tours are best wiped-out groups and corporate/brands are buying packages for his or her executives.
While coming find process flow for medical treatment and surgery in India.
Let's understand the method of coming to India for successful and economically priced medical treatment. the method begins with the patient sending his/her query and medical record through email or by discussing the medical condition over a call with a healthcare manager.
The reports and therefore the case is meticulously studied by our senior surgeons/physicians for an in-depth medical opinion, which is then conveyed to the patient in order that the patient can understand and plan subsequent steps accordingly. As a compulsory protocol, all reports are studied and reviewed by not but three experts for unbiased comprehensive medical opinions. After this, the patient can visit India on pre-confirmed dates. We also assist our patients in getting a medical visa. We also arrange all travel-related requirements such as accommodation, cab services, Etc.
Best hospitals in India for Sri Lanka patient
Hospitals in India offer State-of-the-art equipment and the latest technologies.
- Fortis Hospital
- Blk Super Speciality Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Saifee Hospital
- Jaslok Hospital
- Global Hospital
- Medanta Medicity Hospital
- HCG Hospital
- SIMS Hospital, Chennai
- MIOT Hospital, Chennai
- Max Super Speciality Hospital
- Bgs Gleneagles Global Hospital
- Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- Apollo Hospital
- S L Raheja Fortis Hospital
- Asian Heart Hospital
- Hiranandani Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- BLK Super Speciality Hospital
- Yashoda Cancer Institute, Hyderabad
- Saifee hospital, Mumbai
- Bombay Hospital & Medical Research Centre
India is promising as one of the favorite destinations for tourism in the world due to its affordability, accessibility, and much cheaper rates.
How to get detailed information faster for treatment?
Once you've got decided that you want to urge treatment in India you can email us your latest medical reports and accompanying X-Rays, MRI Scans, and other relevant medical documents at firstname.lastname@example.org or Call or WhatsApp us on 9923782925 for at least one discussion with our executives.
What happens after sending patients' reports to HMSDESK?
When we receive your reports, we'll get them reviewed by expert doctors from the best-related hospitals. We will send an in-depth treatment package consisting of the doctor’s diagnosis, treatment plan, cost of treatment. You will also get details about the minimum duration of stay in the hospital and India.
How should I proceed to urge treatment in India?
After confirmation of the hospital, you will get an invitation letter from us to proceed further to urge treatment in India, our team will assist you with the Indian medical visa assistance and documentation process. we'll also assist you in arranging for a comfortable local stay for you and your attendant. You don’t need to send any money beforehand.
How soon we can able to be scheduled for treatment at a hospital in India?
We serve zero waiting period and you'll be received at the airport on arrival and immediately admitted to the hospital and treatment will start. It is advisable that you simply shouldn't delay your treatment particularly just in case of severe illnesses like Cancer, Heart or Spine, etc. Early start of treatment leads to quick recovery and lower expense compared to delay of treatment.
Why is the cost of your medical treatment package is Cheaper in India compared to other countries?
The patient will get quality services and the best facilities but the cost of a medical treatment package in India is cheaper because The Indian hospitals get medical service staff at a cheaper cost for responsibility for routine tasks, leaving expert doctors to handle only the most complicated procedures.
Why you should get your medical treatment through HMSDESK instead of our competitors?
We have a research team to get detail about different surgery and treatment cost facilities of the hospital and expert doctors, as per that we negotiate with related hospitals and get the most competitive prices and send the best quotations to patients.
Who will help the patient and attendant in my case during the medical tour?
HMSDESK assigns one patient case manager to the patient, who will help you from time to time and look out of detail starting from arrival to departure of your medical tour.
Can I choose my attendant accommodation myself?Yes, of course. HMSDESK will provide you with complete assistance in selecting high-quality hotels near the hospital location that matches your budget.
How to get Medical Visa from Sri Lanka to India?
Open the government visa website for an Indian visa online and click on Regular Visa Application. Fulfill all details such as country, high commission based on your city, visa type, date of birth, expected date of arrival Etc. Any dough contact us on email@example.com
Which is the best medical tourism company that provides the best services to Sri Lankan Patients?
HMSDESK is one of the best medical tourism companies that offer end-to-end services to Sri Lankan patients to get treatment in India.
Get Free Expert Medical Opinions
You can get connected with us and we will arrange Free Expert Medical opinions to you. Get exact information's about your diagnosis and treatment in India. If you're facing any quite complex medical issues a second opinion will assist you in providing the foremost accurate information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why consider India for your treatment?
Online Application of Indian Medical Visa from Sri Lanka
Click on Regular Visa Application to get Indian Visa Online.
Fill up all the mandatory fields such as your country’s name, high commission, date of birth, e-mail id, nationality, expected date of arrival in India, and visa type.
The form consists of a total of three pages so you have to enter the access code and click on Save and Continue after submitting details on each page.
You have to enter details of your profession and the occupation of your family address.
If you visit India for your treatment only through HMSDESK’s assistance but don't have a reference in India, then you'll provide HMSDESK’s office address and contact number. (Contact Details)
You can upload your picture or paste it after you're taking out a print of the filled form. If you would like to upload your recent picture within the online form, click on Upload Photo.
Click on Modify/Edit if there's any mistake.
Click on Verified and Continue if all the info entered by you is correct.
Another new window will open after you've got clicked on Confirm the Appointment, bearing two options to Print or Save the web application. Save the web application. don't print it immediately as you'll lose the appliance by doing so.
Click on Print Registered Application to urge the hardcopy of your form.
If you haven’t uploaded your picture within the online form, then paste it within the photo box on the primary page. The photograph should be precisely the same size because of the box (2inch X 2inch).
Put your signature on the oblong box slightly below the photo box. Do an equivalent within the box at the rock bottom of the second page.
Finally, submit the appliance form alongside the specified documents at the Mission Counter on the appointed date, mentioned at the proper margin of the appliance, during the working hours.
Indian Medical Visa Processing Fee and Time
A medical visa is granted for six months with triple entries from Sri Lanka to India. The cost starts from 102.90 to 250 USD approx. An Indian medical visa from Sri Lanka is issued on the same day ( or a maximum of 3-5 days ) of the submission of the application.
For Medical Visa Extension in India or Medical Treatment Visa documents you can get help from HMSDESK. Our support team will assist and provide detailed information.
Medical visit India with the assistance of E-Visa
An e-tourist visa may be a tourist visa. People can apply for a medical visa if they need any small treatments which might not require much time. They can come to India for his/her medical check-ups also and Ayurveda Treatment in India.
Getting an e-tourist visa is far faster and easier than acquiring a medical visa together can apply for it from their computers or laptops.
e-visa is going to be granted for a period of up to 60 days with double-entry bookkeeping on e-Tourist Visa and eBusiness Visa and triple entry on e-Medical Visa. within the case of e-Medical Visa, an extension may be granted up to six months on case to case basis on merits of every case by the FRRO/ FRO concerned.
Basic conditions for e-Visae-Visa shall be non-extendable except within the case of e-Medical Visa. e-visa is additionally non-convertible except in specific cases.